My blog's purpose

My blog’s purpose is to show a kid’s perspective on food and restaurants so parents can tell where to take their kids.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A middle-of-the-road place to be: Agrodolce

Tonight, I had a disappointing meal at Agrodolce (bittersweet). I tasted the spinach beet salad, an unusually put together dish, consisting of a sweet, nutty, and bitter flavor that would be a terrible choice for any kid who is not in college or in their mid thirties. Then came a caprese that I think was the most flavorful, fresh, evenly balanced, and amazing caprese that I have ever had. Most kids will probably think that it’s fantastic too, but there is a guarantee your kid will avoid the basil- don't be mad about it, that's totally natural that kids do avoid greens. I had ordered margarita pizza, but the waiter gave me a Manhattan pizza. The service that was present wasn't very good, but the Manhattan pizza is great for a kid with its well bodied sauce. My mother had penne with grilled radicchio, which was too flavorful to me, it felt overwhelming to eat! Overall, I will give Agrodolce one star.

Enjoy your next bites,

The Tiny Tastebud

www.agrodolcerestaurant.com
21030 Frederick Road
Germantown, MD 20876-4133
(301) 528-6150

6 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly loving your reviews and "kid comments". Way to go Tiny Tastebud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the blog TT! I hope your parents take you to some other cities and countries too, would be fun to read your reviews of some far flung spots. Keep up the good work,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I can do "Special Edition" reviews in different places! Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the caprese was good!

    This place must be pretty awful to merit only a single star, huh? Just goes to show you the importance of good service...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tiny Tastebud,
    Do you ever make food for yourself at home? If so, what do you make and how does it taste?
    I would love to know!
    MW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear"Anonymous", in my profile description you can see the quote that I love to eat well, yet I also enjoy cooking! I don't mean to brag, but I think my cooking is pretty nice. If that wouldn't answer your question, you can email me at anytime and about anything at all.

    ReplyDelete