My blog's purpose

My blog’s purpose is to show a kid’s perspective on food and restaurants so parents can tell where to take their kids.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Take an indulging bite out of Cava! A number one restaurant for you and your kids!

Tonight, I went to the common Washingtonian milestone in Rockville, Cava, a delicious Greek restaurant that is really hard to beat. I started off with a popular Greek food- hummus, of course! I absolutely loved how you can really taste how it's so tangy and vibrant; I couldn't help myself from a triple dip- but don't tell! A few seconds later, I found myself looking at a plate of dolmades (stuffed grape leaves). I remember the minty and sweet taste that was so good and thought, even at the beginning, I would give a great review. Suddenly, a mouth-watering plate of tiropitas came out. But how could I possibly have known they were going to be so flaky, golden, and cheesy? Next, some saganaki came, and a note for parents, your kid[s] may love the cool fire display used to cook it in the pan, but because the dish is strong, chewy, striking, and grown up (it really depends on your kid), maybe you adults can eat it, and your kid can see the display. In literally two seconds, a hot plate of Greek fries appeared plus dipping yogurt (force your kid to try the yogurt- they might forget ketchup). Your kid will, without doubt, love these! They are crispy, crunchy, and greasy (check my arteries), and I think these make other fries look awful. I got a very popular spanakopita, and when I took a bite, my one thought was: green. It's almost like Cava owns a farm, the spanakopita's spinach is so fresh, but kids will not like the spinach at all. At Cava, I think the service is awesome; the people are lovely (if possible, ask for service from Christie, a great waitress!), a great thing at Cava is how quickly the food comes, yet is still unrushed. I declare Cava four and a half stars!

Enjoy your next bites,

The Tiny Tastebud

9713 Traville Gateway Dr
Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 309-9090
www.cavamezze.com

13 comments:

  1. I only went there once (so far...), but thought it was great, too. You nailed it - arguably one of the best in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many stars does it get?

    Your description was so vivid, I feel like I was there with you!

    I wonder where you'll go next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am loving your blog so far! I get to eat vicariously through you! :) Can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must read this after I finish a meal - your description is just making me hungrier by the word! You must come to NYC for some more reviews. What about some pictures at the resto?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tiny Tastebud,

    Cava sounds just like the kind of restaurant I adore-great food and excellent service. I guess that you will be taking your taste buds back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall live (or should I say "eat") vicariously through you, Tiny Pipsqueak! My mouth is actually watering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please come to Frederick County - we really could use your insightful comments here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We might just see each other at Volt...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, please let me know if your plans bring you up here - I'd be very interested in your opinion. I haven't been there since he became a TV star :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Tiny Tastebud,
    I LOVE your marvelous blog!!! Cava seems to be the perfect restaurant for my tastebuds too!
    Next time I'm in MD I'll be sure to stop in and enjoy the fabulous edibles at Cava!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Tiny Tastebud :) you blog pretty good

    :) :D :0 :P :I


    -Mekala R.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thank you so much for all the comments! It is so nice of you all to say such nice things... feel free to continue!

    ReplyDelete