My blog's purpose

My blog’s purpose is to show a kid’s perspective on food and restaurants so parents can tell where to take their kids.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

"The Vyne"- a yes for kids who don't always want new tastes

I just now ate at The Vyne, an American bistro, as it is called. As a starter, I tried the cheese fondue- and for the most bizarre moment, I had thought that the fondue would be something more like a Swiss fondue with white wine or strong cheese. But when I took a taste, I couldn't have been more wrong; I would strongly recommend the fondue to kids who love macaroni and cheese because of the hints of savory tang; the smooth, creamy, rich flavor, and mellow tastes that still are in my mouth even when I write of this moment. Unfortunately, I could not say similar things of the gnocchi with Alfredo sauce, which was bland, boring, and didn't taste as much as gnocchi as it should. It was more of a queer pumpkin taste, maybe, or maybe a squash. I also tried some of my mother's fettuccini with evoo garlic sauce with mushrooms and asparagus. Instead of being bland, however, it was robust and zesty, a surefire way to please kids (but they might avoid the veggies, no matter what you say about growing strong!). At The Vyne, as a plus, they have great service. When the waiter found out I wasn't keen on the gnocchi, he took all the cost away of my entree- all of the gnocchi’s cost.

Enjoy your next bites,
The Tiny Tastebud
The Vyne
9755 Traville Gateway Drive, Rockville, MD‎ - (301) 217-5900‎

1 comment:

  1. Another great review! This place sounds like it might even accommodate a "difficult celiac guest." (They probably say other things back in the kitchen about such guests...)

    I wonder if they have other fondues. Beef? Chocolate?

    Did you give a "stars rating"?

    ReplyDelete