My blog's purpose

My blog’s purpose is to show a kid’s perspective on food and restaurants so parents can tell where to take their kids.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A restraint- or you could name it Taipei Tokyo- WARNING!

When first coming to the restaurant it looked like a purely Japanese restaurant because of the beautiful painting that would catch most eyes, consisting of 10 lovely ladies. However, I was disappointed to see the American desserts on the menu; one of which was Reese’s Cup pie! Did the Japanese invent that? I didn’t think so. I ordered avocado sushi, which I realized too late was the only good dish. Good is not what I expect- good isn’t the superlative in the apple of my eye. I expect better. That’s why I chose it as my description. I mean, I will say it was fresh and mellow, with a cool aftertaste, yet I got the feeling “they could have done better”. I do not have the impracticality to report five stars to a one star place. And sadly, I won’t spare mercy to those restaurants- I speak the truth. Tempura, as you probably don’t know, is a dish that I really find irresistible. Deep fried, the vegetables are sweet and rich. I worship that tempura god, wherever he may be in your conventional wok. But now, I get the feeling that he overlooked my tempura dish. It was awful! It wasn’t a crisp, light coating, but a flavorless, dry one. Vegetables? It was soggy, raw, and terribly peeled- they were too thick and hard, for tempura god’s sake! I mean come on. Then came vegetable dumplings; thick, hard, plain- a slightly raw dough deathtrap, honestly. And service?! The gum under the tables does not just reflect the quality of workmanship, but it is also associated with the quality of customers. And I doubt they’re good ones (there’s the word of the day again). I rate Taipei Tokyo one star- or less. Watch out Taipei!


                                                   Enjoy your next bites,

                                                     The Tiny Tastebud


Taipei Tokyo


www.taipei-tokyo.net

14921 Shady Grove Rd # D, Rockville

(301) 738-8813

4 comments:

  1. Tiny Tastebud, glad to see that you are back reviewing restaurants after your busy summer. I love to read your amusing and informative comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a very indifferent california roll with my lunch this afternoon. I definitely feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that review really tells the story! No one should have to eat bad food. It's a crime against nature, no? Or at the very least, a crime against the tempura gods. At least the meal seemed to spark your muse. May you have an equally great meal next time. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read the comments- actually writing a new post RIGHT NOW! The tempura gods are probably going on a deep fried strike; let's hope Taipei Tokyo reads this post. This new restaurant is fantastic, as a matter of fact!

    ReplyDelete